Friday, May 7, 2010

New Beginnings


Hello out there! It is 2010 and I wanted to take this year to start my journey on working on my personal art work.
For the last few years I have been building up my "face painting" business. I get to paint all the time, however, this year I want to work my personal art work; sketches, finished pieces and works in progress.This summer I had the chance to help illustrate a book for a friend of mine - Donna Pilkerton. After working on it - I said to myself, "Margie, you have time to work on everyone elses projects. Why don't you have time for your own projects?"So I am setting out on a journey to be more creative, find a medium/media I like to work in, and possibly begin to sell my art. Creating and selling my own art work has been a dream of mine since I was a kid - better late than never!
So to start this off - here is a finished piece I did recently. I experimented a lot with different media; wood, fabric, gel medium and acrylics.

No comments: